Bad signature update?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by CScott, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The archive module containing the fix is 1132. Try running a manual update.

2. mcferrero

mcferrero Registered Member

Hi, Im really dissapointed with nod, +800 PCs and 14 servers in production halted for 4 hours. And no warining from eset before the incident (eset should ve tested the bad module before release, am I right?

Eset repeats the same mistale again. This is the second time in less than a year that we and others guys have problems with nod withs its modules or its signatures.

I will not wait for a third time. We will change antivirus, thats for sure.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm sorry but we didn't know about the issue until users started reporting it. If we knew about it prior to releasing the module update we would not have released it at all.

Right, and this is what was actually done. Needless to say that the update was downloaded by hundreds of thousands of users from pre-release servers without any issues reported during the testing period. Anyways, testing procedures have been improved to cover the scenario with non-default extensions set to prevent this kind of issues in the future. I'd like to mention that users with default extensions set were not affected whatsoever and we do not recommend changing file extension setting so that you don't open a security hole when not all files are scanned for malicious code.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

With pre-release updates enabled - I am now at:
    Archive support module: 1133 (20110614) with no issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.