Bad Sector on Run

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by GrayCells, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayCells

GrayCells Guest

I've tried multiple install / uninstall cycles, anti-virus scans, etc., yet every time I try to run the program, I get the following error message:

"This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I guess the obvious question here would be - have you checked to see if your hard-drive is going bad?

A quick-check would be to d/l and run BelArc Advisor: BelArc Advisor d/l page and after running it, look down in the left-hand corner of the page and see whether it's noting a bad S.M.A.R.T result. HTH Pete

*The other obvious question would be - have you totally updated your anti-virus program's defs and engine lately and run a "full" "in-depth" scan with it?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  3. cps

cps Guest

I am having the same problem. NAV2004 deep scan is OK; HDD is OK. SpywareBlaster will install and run in SAFE mode but gives the above error in normal mode (even after the app was installed and run in SAFE mode). I have removed almost everything from the StartupList and will report back if I find the culprit.

BTW, if you have c:\winnt\system32\gemh.dll on your system, you may have a new data logger. This gremlin also changes the browser startup page and delivers popups. Nasty to find and get rid of. AdAware and Spybot do not yet find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.