Backup Validation Fails after Auto-Consolidation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blee, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blee

blee Registered Member

My weekly incremental backup task failed today during the validation phase, which I've setup to automatically performed at the end of each backup...I have attached the log file which contains the specific error message. Last week when the task ran it auto-consolidated my archives based on the rules that I have setup with TI2009. But whatever happened during the consolidation must have resulted in some type of archive corruption. Come to think of it, you would think TI would allow you the option of also validating the archive after auto-consolidation, but it doesn't appear to. Anyway, this is a serious problem and until Acronis can resolve it I will have to resort to an alternative method for managing my archives.

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blee,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

First of all I would recommend you to perform the validation manually, verifying the previous backup file in the chain. This will help to localize the issue. The last incremental backup file can be corrupted.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. blee

blee Registered Member

After I received the error I did attempt to validate manually...it failed. And I also attempted to validate EACH incremental backup, and each failed as well. This is because for whatever reason the auto-consolidation process replaces EACH incremental archive with a new file as part of the consolidation process. Why is does this I have no idea, but I saw this first hand while it was running. And the "new" incremental archives are nearly but not exactly the same file sizes as the originals.

4. Acronis Support

Hello blee,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Have you tried to validate full backup archive? Is it validated successfully? It looks like that consolidation failed because of the full backup corruption.

Can you please also clarify where backup archives reside? On internal or external drive.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. blee

blee Registered Member

Yes, the full backup + all the incrementals were validated prior to the consolidation...I setup my weekly backup job to always validate each archive after it's been created. Again, the consolidation process created an entirely new set of archives, which led to the validation failure. I've actually stopped doing auto-consolidation because of this, and have resorted to managing my archives using batch files.

My archives reside on a NAS, specifically a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo.

6. Acronis Support

Hello blee,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9796). If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

After that see if the issue remains. If the issue persists, please perform several operations that will help to localize the malfunction.

1) Please copy the consolidated archive detected as a corrupted to the internal hard drive and validate the archive again. Let us know the results.

2) Please create and place the archives to internal hard drive, validate them and perform the consolidation. Validate the consolidated archive and let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. blee

blee Registered Member

Yes, I was using the latest build.

No, I do not have enough room (~120 GB) on my local hard disk to copy/validate the archives. Quite honestly I think you are just shooting in the dark here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.