Backup to Tape drive using Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xSmilinx, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xSmilinx

xSmilinx Registered Member

Hey,

I'm haveing a few issues with Acronis and backing up to my tape drive.

here's a few details that may help.

Acronis true image echo server with Universal Restore for Windows.
    O/S: Windows SBS 2003 R2
    Tape Drive: VXA-3

Could somebody point me into the right direction with this. I've installed Acronis successfully, and noticed from a few of the other threads I need to manually start the RSM service so it detects my tape drive. This is all OK.

When I run my scheduled backup, i get the error "Please insert new media" or "Another Archive has been detected on the tape, insert new media". Although some other days it backs up fine!

I've checked Removable storage in Computer Management, and noticed Acronis made a media pool named Acronis. All my tapes have been moved into this Media Pool. Although, some tapes say its format is "Acronis Tape Format" and some say "Removable Storage Service". I guess what I need is instructions on backing up to tapes, and what needs to be done for this to be successful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.