Backup to RDX-Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by teddos, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddos

teddos Registered Member

i am using Acronis True Image Echo Server with Build 8115 and SnapshotDriver.
    then i have create a task to backup all partitions of W2003 Server SP2 on FSC Primergy Server TX150S6
    the First Time the Backup started, the Backup File on RDX is created in about 4 Minutes, then i changed the RDX-Medium, and start the task again also, the Backup runs and the Backup file is created.
    for testing, i deactivate the option "ignore error sector", and start the task, is all ok, an backup runs
    then i eject the rdx media, reboot the system, use another rdx-medium, an start the task, then i have to accept to ignore error sectors, and the backup doesn´t go, the status is "analyze partition 1-1, or 2-3, or another.
    the error code of this "E000101F4: Error reading the harddisk, error to read of Sektorxxxx on Device 2"
    then i cannot stop the task, but i stop the process of true image
    the i change rdx-media, and restart True Image to start the task - the status is analyze partition 2-2
    the error comes "error reading sektor xxx on device 2"
    another test, the rdx-media is loaded, reboot server, start task ok
    reboot server, unload rdx-media - analyze error, "option ignore is activate", nothing goes, stopping task
    what is here the problem

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello teddos,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Currently, to properly work with RDX drives Acronis True Image requires a special version of Snapapi drivers installed. It will be fixed in future versions of Acronis True Image. For now, please do the following to solve the problem:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also clarify the exact vendor and device name of the device in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. teddos

teddos Registered Member

i have repost the request to technical support with the information that do you need

4. xtra03

xtra03 Registered Member

Hallo,

we have the same problem.
    Hardware: FSC Primergy TX200S4, 4GB, 3x160GB sata MegaRaid, internal Tandberg(FSC labeled) RDX Drive USB.
    Software: Win2003R2_SP2 all Hotfixes
    TrueImageEchoServer WIN Build 8163

How to solve?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xtra03,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Please submit a request according to Marats' note, the issue needs a separate attention.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.