backup tib. question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mr Bill, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Bill

Mr Bill Registered Member

I can create a backup tib. no problem, but just to test it I deleted a program off my drive just for a test and I went into TI to do a recovery found the backup tib. ran the recovery and it rebooted my PC ran the recovery thing but it did not put back the program I deleted, is the backup working like it's designed? I thought maybe it would do something like the XP restore feature but maybe I was wrong or either did something wrong.:oops:
    Thanks
    Mr. Bill

TI 9.0 (2,337)

2. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Did you create a full backup?

Did you run a full recovery, or just on that specific program file you deleted?

P.S. you are running a slightly old version of TI9 - the newest build is 3,854. you can download the update from https://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/updates/.

3. Mr Bill

Yes I used the full backup feature. I created a "Full backup Archive"

Did you run a full recovery, or just on that specific program file you deleted?

Yes ran full recovery, this program is pretty user friendly and I am pretty computer literate, it's pretty easy to run the backup and even easier to run the recovery and I use the full backup feature and it just did not put back what I deleted.
    maybe there is something I am missing here.
    Thanks
    Mr. Bill

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Although your build is old as pointed out, I am not aware of not restoring portions of the partition data to be a problem. If so, there would be lots of very angry reports. I am speaking of making a full image backup not a Files and Folders backup. In TI9 Files and Folders backup was a new feature and the early versions were buggy. Your post sounds like you made an image backup though, not Files and Folders.

TI does not save and restore the swapfile or the hibernation file but puts small "placeholders" for them in the tib file.

Are you sure you restored the backup taken before you deleted the test files?

5. GroomLake

GroomLake Registered Member

You have the version I use all the time. Never had a problem.

6. Mr Bill

Yes to your question I only have one backup, maybe I just need a play by play on how to create a full backup of my drive and then restore it. It all seemed so easy to do I created another full backup tonight then changed my desktop wallpaper and then did a restore just to test it again, and it came back with the same wallpaper I had before the restore, it should have change it back to the wallpaper I had during the full backup, hey maybe I just don't know what I am doing. o_O

7. Mr Bill

Did the back up results the same it's not putting it all back like it was before the restore, Go Figure!:'(

8. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Mr Bill,

hopefully this will be easy to sort, because I have never heard of this problem before.

Can you post you logfile entries (or screenshots) for the backup and the restore operations.

F.

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I just made a partition image with Build 3567 then changed the wallpaper. I then restored the image and I have the wallpaper that was present when the image was made as it should be.

I wonder if you are making a Files and Folders backup instead of a partition image?

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mr Bill,

As far as a "play by play how to" is concerned, check out this <fully illustrated TI 9.0 tutorial>.

Regards

11. foghorne

Good one seek.

F.

12. Mr Bill

13. foghorne

Would you like to post your logs ?

F.

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Probably a daft question I know but can you just confirm that you are subsequently restoring the entire disk contents rather than specified files or folders (see screenshot below)? Could you also confirm that you are selecting the whole drive by ticking the checkbox adjacent to Disk 1 when choosing what to backup and what to restore.

Regards

Attached Files:

15. Mr Bill

Thanks for all your help, I finally figured it out I was not checking the restore disks or partitions, pretty stupid of me!:rolleyes: but I just did a successful restore and it worked great thanks again for everyones help. Sorry I guess I should read the instructions if all else fails.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.