Backup SQL Server with TI9 -- Help With Scripts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nemesisdb, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nemesisdb

nemesisdb Registered Member

I've been experimenting with moving some of our data from Access into microsoft's 'free' SQL Server Express. The computer in question is currently running XP Pro and has TI 9 Home installed (though I can upgrade to 10 or 10 workstation if that would help).

It is my understanding that the SQLServer needs to be stopped before the snapshot is created. Can anyone help me create the scripts I will need to stop the server prior to the snapshot and restart it afterwards?

Thanks for any help. I've very new to SQL and though I've been using TI since v8, I've never done anything this advanced with it either.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

C:\WINDOWS>net stop MSSQLSERVER
    The MSSQLSERVER service is stopping.
    The MSSQLSERVER service was stopped successfully.

C:\WINDOWS>net start MSSQLSERVER
    The MSSQLSERVER service is starting..
    The MSSQLSERVER service was started successfully.

F.

3. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

In my mind Acronis 9 supports VSS backups. and SQL Express 2005 SP1 is VSS capable/aware.

Take a look at the services that work with SQL 2005, maybe some extras ones will be needed.

Jaycee

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Yeah good point. I have just checked and the one I quoted was for the MSDE/SQL Server 2000 service.

F.

5. nemesisdb

nemesisdb Registered Member

I'm in over my head here. Do I need to run the scripts or not? Do I need to do anything to SQL to enable VSS and or anything to TI9 to make it work with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.