Backup Software Which Is Compatible With Tape Backup

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

What Backup Software Which Is Compatible With Tape Backups?

I have a Dell TL2000 which I just turned on for the first time, yesterday. I have no experience at all with Tape Backup Drives. The NAS Server which is to be periodically backed up to the Tape Drive has Windows Storage Server 2012 64 bit.

My Imaging Software for the NAS Server OS Partition is Symantec System Recovery 2013. I have read that only Symantec BackupExec is compatible with Tape Backups.

I have heard that you can use scripts and Windows to do the periodic backups. How do you write these scripts and are there some that people have already made which can be used or modified?

How do you make the Tape Backup visible to the Windows Storage Server 2012 64 bit Operating System?

Thanks in Advance.

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am looking into purchasing Symantec Backup Exec 2014 to fix the problem. I am now trying to make sure that both Symantec products running on the same Server will not be an issue.

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Backup Exec is what I have used in the past and had good results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.