Backup software keeps re-copying files OSX

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Judge Dee, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

I've tried 2 backup programs (Silverkeeper + Filesync) on my wife's Snow Leopard. They both copy her 30 gigabytes of pictures and movies to the external drive. Then, without me opening any folder whatsoever on her computer, they recopy the same files again the next time I run the backup (which today- as a test - was seconds after they finished).
    Could her AV be writing to the files making the software think they've been modified?
    Any help is appreciated!

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

3. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Thanks MrBrian.
    I really get a feeling that's it.
    At some point when I feel like sitting through 2 hours of copying, I'll disable her AV and test again.
    What did you end up doing?

4. MrBrian

You're welcome :).

I posted about it in the AV's forum, and stopped using that AV rescue disc scanner. I don't know if it was ever fixed.

5. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Good advice. That's exactly what I'll do if it is her AV. It will be off her computer!
    Backup is too important.

6. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Well, her AV was the problem. I disabled it and the backup was over in seconds.
    I really appreciate your input MrBrian, because it pushed me to research it.

7. MrBrian

Glad you found it :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.