Backup Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Brings, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brings

Brings Registered Member

Hi,
    i have many problems with the backup server configuration and creating a client task.
    My OS is Windows Server 2003 with True Image Enterprise 9.1 Build 3.694
    OK
    I have create a computer profile for a server. The Backup Store is configured.
    If i want to create a task on the client i can´t save my image on the Backup Server, or i don´t now how i have to do that.
    If i create a new task, i see the Acronis Backup Server in my list to store the image but not more. The next button is grayed out.
    Does anybody now how to configure the Backup Server to create a client task to save the images correctly?
    Sorry for my bad english.
    THX
    Frank

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Frank,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

If you are using the English version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows then please download and install the latest build (371:cool: of the program which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3718.

Note that you should update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers. It is obligatory for all components to be of the same build on order to interact correctly.

It is also recommended that you re-create Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If you are using the German version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows then please make sure that all components installed including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers are of the same 3694 build. As I mentioned above, it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly.

Please also make sure that Acronis Backup Server is installed and configured in accordance with the respective sections of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide.

If the problem still persists then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both computer where Acronis Agent is installed (if you try to back up a remote machine) or computer where Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows itself is installed (if you try to back up a local computer) and computer where Acronis Backup Server is installed;

- Rename the files collected to report_source.txt, sysinfo_source.NFO and report_destination.txt, sysinfo_destination.NFO accordingly;

- Describe your network structure in detail;

- Make a screen shot of the corresponding window showing the 'Next' button grayed out.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Brings

Brings Registered Member

Hi,
    is it possible to use the english version to image a german version of windows server 2003?

4. Brings

Brings Registered Member

Hi together,

i have tested serval options to install Acronis Backup Server.
    The Only solution that i have found is the following.
    1. Install the Acronis Backup Server on the Server that is member of a domain
    2. Logon localy
    3. Repair the installation of Acronis Backup Server
    4. Logon domain

Than you can save images on the Backup Server. Otherwise the "next" button to save the images is greyed out.

Has anybody else the same problem??
    Or is Acronis True Image Enterprise 9.1 an beta version??o_O
    I´ve send many mails to the Acronis Support. But it seem that nobody want´s to help or can´t help. I don´t now.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brings,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.