backup/restore from server 2003 share?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JamesR, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesR

JamesR Guest

Hello,

I'm evaluating true image to see if it'll work on our organization. I cannot get the network portion of the software to work. I click computers near me, and see all the shares after setting a userid and password, but there are no folders or files in a share. The + sign used to expand a share just goes away..

It seems to work when I try it with shares on a WindowsXP machine using an AD user account.. It just doesn't work on a windows server 2003 share. I've tried the "always sign communication" option in group policy but that didn't work..

Any other hints?

Thanks,

-James

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello James,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image do you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window;

- What operating system is installed on the computer Acronis True Image runs on?

- Let us know whether the problem appears when Acronis True Image is running from under or when your computer is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. DWakeman

DWakeman Registered Member

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm booting from the boot CD. I am using TI 9.0 build 2337. I also have an 8.x boot CD that I tried. Both have the same symptom. I know the 8.x works on another network with another server. THAT server was installed as a BASE Windows 2003 with SP1 added. THIS server was installed using SP1 installation media. I know that there are things that default one way when installing with SP1 that are different from the original Win2003 install. This may or may not be related.

An image from the WinXP OS with the installed TI appears to be working. I just started it, it hasn't finished.

Regards,
    Dan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try to specify the full UNC path to the desired computer and folder in the "File name" edit box, e.g. \\server\share.

If the problem still persists, please boot the computer from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.