Backup plan and Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Andre_H_, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andre_H_

Andre_H_ Registered Member

Hello together,

i have a problem with the backup tasks in windows vista. I have created a new Task in True Image Home 11 and plan a backup weekly at sunday 10:00 AM. If the task starts the backup was created successfully. Then i shut down the pc and turn it on again. Now the pc wont be start bevor i choose the option "start windows normally". It seems like the pc was not shutdown correctly.

If i run the task in manuell mode, the problem is not present.

Thanks for help!

Best Regards
    André

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andre_H_,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. It's recommended to remove the previous installation of Acronis True Image first before installing the latest build.

If the issue persists, please provide more details on the set up of the task. Please also clarify, are there any messages during the shutdown process?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Andre_H_

Andre_H_ Registered Member

Hello,

thanks for your help. I have installed the last update of TI11 Build #8105. The problem is still present.

During the shutdown process are no messages.

The Backuptask backups the directory c:\users\documents\*.* to a USB Hard-Drive (S:) - weekly on sunday 10:00 AM.

I'll test on Thursday to start the backup job from a batch script with the windows schedulingmanager. I hope that the problem will solved then.

Batchscript:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService" /script: "C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\{SCRIPTNAME}.tib.tis"

Do you see some problems to do that?

Thanks!
    Best Regards
    André

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.