Backup Locations Ignoring Limits

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by richard13, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richard13

richard13 Registered Member

Hello. I have been having some problems using Backup Locations in Acronis
    True Image 10.

I set up a new Backup Location in a folder on my D: drive with the following backup rules:
    • No Location Size Quota (unchecked)
    • Maximum number of backups: 8
    • Storage Period limit(days): 365

I then created a Scheduled Task:
    • Backup "My Computer" (C: Drive)
    • Backup Archive Location -> The Backup Location I just created above
    • Create differential backups
    • Create a new full backup after: 6
    The upshot is that the Scheduled Task runs fine, I get a full backup, then 6 differentials, then a new full backup again, etc. However, nothing is getting deleted. I now have 14 files in my Backup Location and out of disk space! I even unchecked the Storage Period thinking the software was getting confused but it still stores more than 8 backups.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known bug? Is it going to be fixed?

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello richard13,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that the drive has enough free space to successfully consolidate (about the full and first incremental together amount of free space is needed). Please see this thread for details on how backup locations work.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Richard13,
    A common cause for task limits being ignored is assigning the task to the wrong location in the file tree. This post might be of help, the attached text file is for incrementals; it's my belief that it applies to differentials also: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=172470#13

Regards, CatFan

4. richard13

richard13 Registered Member

Sorry for not replying earlier but I've been doing a lot of experimenting with TI 10 and this issue over the past few weeks. After much time wasting, here's what I've found:

Deleting and recreating the Backup Location seems to have worked (I don't know why this didn't in the past). I now have a limit that is being observed by TI.

Since the related backup job issue I was chasing is really a separate issue I'll start a new thread about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.