Backup Internal Error: 458,784

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MarkD, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkD

MarkD Registered Member

I had been backing up to an external USB hard drive (attached to another computer on the network) without problems. I reinstalled my system (XP Pro SP2) and now I get the error:

"Backup internal error: 458,784."

whenever a scheduled backup runs. This is for an incremental backup after
    creating a full backup without using the scheduler.

I upgraded to the latest build
    Acronis® True Image Home® version 10.0 (build 4,942) and I still get the
    same message.

Here is the contents of the log file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="1" product="Acronis True Image Home" task="F40F4052-9CC9-4341-8DCD-2DB7B55B622F" uuid="CF84DBE0-56B3-41F7-9DFB-4644B9148731" version="1.0">
    <event code="2" id="1" level="2" message="The &quot;Alpine Weekly Backup Wednesday&quot; operation started" module="100" time="1175137684" />
    <event code="503" id="2" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1175137685" />
    <event code="503" id="3" level="2" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1175137686" />
    <event code="11" id="4" level="3" message="Priority changed to Low priority" module="100" time="1175137686" />
    <event code="503" id="5" level="2" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1175137686" />
    <event code="1002" id="6" level="4" message="Backup internal error: 458,784." module="1" time="1175137687" />
    <event code="5" id="7" level="4" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1175137687" />
    </log>

Does anyone know what this error message means? It doesn't give me much to work with searching for the problem.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MarkD,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check your hard drives (including the external one) for errors using "chkdks x: /r", where "x" is assigned drive letter. Notice that you will need to reboot to scan your system partition.

If the no errors are reported, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.