Backup file is corrupted with lastest version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tdehan, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdehan

tdehan Registered Member

I attempted to backup my server today as I do multiple times a week from the server to a backup machine on our network. I perform this backup from within the OS. This typically works 99.9% of the time. However, since I have downloaded and installed the latest update for True Image Server 9.1 for Windows (3920) this no longer works. I can backup and receive the message that the backup completed successfully. However, when I check the validation of the backup file I keep getting the message that it is corrupt.

I am curious... doesn't anyone from Acronis every participate in these forums? Or, does one have to create a service request each and every time there is an issue like this?

2. theog

theog Registered Member

Best to create the service request... and then wait.

Forums are normally for customers to help customers and should not be used for "real support" by any company. Of course, Acronis support does seem to pop in here maybe for an hour or two everyday and provide some support... but I don't think they really read the posts that hard, unless it is something easy and they can answer in two minutes.

In your case, you might want to consider rolling back to the last build that worked for you.... that is what I would do anyway....

3. tdehan

tdehan Registered Member

Except that the whole reason I downloaded the latest update was for Vista support (which really appears to not be supported totally per my other posts.

Also, I can validate the backup file when backedup and validated with the boot CD. However, that kind of defeats the purpose).

... Also... isnt' there or wasn't there a live support chat available somewhere on the site?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  4. NEEDSUPPORT

NEEDSUPPORT Registered Member

I am having the exact same issue. Is there anybody from support who can help us with this? I sent a support request yesterday and no response....

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tdehan and NEEDSUPPORT,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please note that I and other members of Acronis Forum Support Team monitor this Forum daily. Note that most of the problems/issues/questions can be solved/answered here on Official Acronis Support Forum. However, there are issues that require additional investigation and the process usually includes some instructions how to obtain certain files, create logs, etc., thus, such issues are much easier to resolve through e-mail.

There is also Phone-based support and Technical Live Chat support available for customers who owns Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support license.

As for the issue you have experience, could you please try to store the image archive on a local drive rather than the networked shared folder and then validate it? If you do not have enough space to store the image archive you could create a files-based backup (using "Files and Folders" option, chapter 5.1 "Backing up files and folders (file backup)" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows User's Guide). Let us know the results.

Please also try to copy the archive, which reported as corrupted to the local drive and validate it. Let us know the results of validation.

NEEDSUPPORT, could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. HardToDescribe

HardToDescribe Registered Member

Acronis® True Image Home® Trial version 10.0 (build 4,942)
    On XP Media Center

Same problem. Would appreciate a reply here since I have not purchased the product yet - using the trial version. Error= Module 7, error 32, code
    (0x70020) "|The archive is corrupted:none".
    I've completed two full disk image backups so far. Both completed successfully.
    The first one verifies successfully. The second one fails as described after running for about 20 minutes. Each was a full backup of the same device, my currently online system disk which is an internal hard drive with 2 partitions,
    one NTFS and a smaller FAT32 containing HP provided base system recovery.
    Size of each backup image (tib file) just over 30GB located on an otherwise empty 250GB USB drive.

One other note: The one thing I did that could possibly be a variable here is that I mounted the 2nd image file and browsed it briefly before dismounting it
    just prior to performing the failed Verify. The 1st image file has never been mounted and is problem-free.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.