Backup error with ATI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MarcAndersen, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcAndersen

MarcAndersen Registered Member

Even with the latest version OR with the trial version or not, I got the same error when check the backup.

Read error (0x7003)

I tried to use a new SO WinXP in a new HD and the same error. HD checked and ok. I use Norton, XP tools and Seagate Utilities, HD is OK. Both are ok
    By the way, both, cause I want to create a backup in other HD (twins) But the same error.

I need a backup program hurry.

Help

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Error code 0x7003 is a Microsoft code associated with FAT file systems. Specifically this error is generated if something goes wrong when a user converts from FAT16 to FAT32. I am not aware of any other error that will generate the 0x7003 code.

Does any of the above make sense in terms of your system?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MarcAndersen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please check the disks for errors by means of "chkdsk DISK: /r" command (Start -> Run -> cmd) where DISK is the partition letter you need to check? Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hello Alexsandr,

Just for information. The 0x7003 error code is associated with the FAT16 > FAT32 converter. Essentially what the code means is that all or part of the conversion failed.

Unless ATI is using the same error code for something else it seems highly unlikely that this code could be generated by ATI. It is much more likely that the user has an error in a previous FAT16 > FAT32 conversion, which was not fixed at the time of the conversion.

If you find the cause, would you please post it to the Forum.

TiA

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tabvla,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, I'm not sure that the "0x7003" error code produced by Acronis True Image is the same error code as Microsoft uses to identify the FAT16 to FAT32 conversion errors. However, problems of this sort are usually caused by the file system errors persisting on the backed up disk\partition or Acronis SnapAPI driver used by Acronis True Image to perform operations with hard drives being installed incorrectly. Checking the hard drives or\and updating the drivers (sometimes re-installing the program) usually solves the problem.

As for the cause\solution to the particular problem MarcAndersen has experienced, I believe it is better to ask MarcAndersen personally (send a PM probably) because we (me and Aleksandr) usually do not handle requests received via e-mail or submitted using the online web form and therefore are not aware about the results of the investigation of this particular issue. I'm sure that MarcAndersen will share experience if the problem is solved already.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.