Backup and Validate DVD+R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Carver, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I usually Backup my computer to DVDs and validate the DVDs at another time, today I wanted to try to validate right after I burned the DVDs. Under additional settings I have checked "Validate backup archive after upon its creation compleation". When I finish burning the DVDs I get a popup saying put in volume 1 so I change disks and click OK, it runs for a bit then I get another popup. The disk is not the last one recorded, so I put in no.4 disk. This goes on for a while. Then I go back to validating as a separate job. What is going on, did I leave something out.

2. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

That's a troublesome process. You're far better off to check your DVD's later by using the Check Image function of TI.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The validation as part of burning is rather buggy. Wait for a few builds until Acronis gets this worked out. In the meantime, just validate as a separate process as you have been doing.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I thought there was a option in default backup options that I missed or that I would have to reinstall.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Carver,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that this is a known issue. We have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. As a workaround please validate the image archives stored on several CD/DVD discs after the backup job is done (with "Validate backup archive after upon its creation compleation" unchecked).

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Using DVD's for restoring your system partition with automatic verification must be a real pain, because it will verify two times instead of one time, unless you use the Rescue CD for restoring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.