backup and restore from tape / busybox

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Robert Regn, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Regn

Robert Regn Registered Member

we use Acronis True Image server 8.0 under Linux and wanna save automatically to tapes. But this is not supported by trueimagecmd - just backup to files

When i write this file to a tape with
    dd if=file of=<tapedevice>

the rescue-CD will not find the backup. Is there a programm to bring the file to tape and make it valid for TrueImage ?

of course, we can bring this file automatically to tape using tar. But there is no tar on the rescue CD! Is it possible to enhance the Busybox with tar (and others) ?

the rescue-CD has a 10 MB large filesystem, but after mount there are no files see.
    How can i see these files and can i add static linked ELF-binaries for executiing them later ?

regards

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Robert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Linux allows you to create an image saving it to the tape drive only when it is running in Graphical User Interface mode (either from rescue disc or so-called X-Windows). In other words, there is no ability to backup to the tape drive from the command line mode.

Please also note that in order to be able to restore an image from tape it required for this image to be "originally" written to tape by Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Linux, but not just copied there.

As for using "tar", I'm afraid that Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Linux does not have the capability to "un-tar" files.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.