Backup and Recovery 11

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by muzitek, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muzitek

muzitek Registered Member

I just bought above software. Basically want to clone image of entire C:\ Drive to another internal HD ( Drive E:\) of similar size.

My questions :
    1) What function do I use? Copy or Backup? Any difference
    2) My internal Drive E:\ is with old OS ( Vista) and Data, which I don't need. Do I have to Format E:\ before proceeding to use Copy function OR during copy process old info is deleted by overwriting.
    3) Will I be able to boot the system with drive E:\ following copy. Of course I need to disconnect drive C:\
    4) Can I schedule backup copy from C to E say monthly or so ?

Thank you in anticipation

Kiran

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

1) If you wan to get bootable full size clone of your system partition, then you nedd to use Copy Partition wizard.
    If you want ot get compressed image to place it in existing partition - use Backup wizard.

2) If you do not need E: partition, please Delete it to get free\unallocated disk space for clonning C:
    To delete partition:
    * run B&R in full scale
    * right-click E: partition and select Delete
    * confirm and apply changes.

3) Yes, you will be able to boot from clone after disconnecting the source.
    Note: For Windows 7 \Vista you will need also copy small System Reserved partition before copying the C: drive to keep the clone bootable.
    There is not need to clone the System Reserved partition each time. You can copy it only once. It should be the first active partition on the target HDD.

As an alternative, you can copy full System HDD instead of copying system partition. Then all partitions from source HDD will appear on target drive.

4) Yes, to schedule copy :
    Complete the desired Copy wizard, but do not Apply the changes.
    Go to Changes menu and select "Schedule task"
    Set the desired frequency and save the task.
    In the User Manual there is clear instruction how to schedule any task you want in B&R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.