Backup 2013 Ancient Bootloader Error and Cannot See External USB 3 Drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Grayer, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayer

Grayer Registered Member

Hi
    I cannot boot into windows even in safe-mode (Logon Process Initialization Failure after SFC operation and chkdsk), so was relying on Paragon to restore my image of my system drive C (SSD OCZ Solid 2 120GB)on my external 2 TB Hitachi USB 3.0 (mechanical) drive. Paragon cannot load in noraml mode because of error: Ancient bootloader, probing EDD (EDD=off to disable); in safe-mode it does not see my backup drive; I had shared this backup drive on my home network but with my main PC down maybe it cannot see it; it does see all my internal drives. I have tried to add the USB 3 drivers in the advanced CD mode onto the restore media but that did not help. I am not planning to purchase the WinPE media builder. Why do I get the bootloader message and why can I not see my backup drive in Paragon? I guess I could reinstall Windows and then restore my C drive from the backup image afterwards. Would connecting the USB drive directly to the DIR-857 router attached to the main PC make it visible to Paragon? I have not been able to access the USB drive in that way from my 2nd desktop presumably because the unbootable main PC has killed my home network; however I have internet access via the 2nd PC. Please advise.
    Harald

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.