Backup 2010 Special Edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by alternety, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alternety

alternety Registered Member

Several questions/comments:

I got this from giveaway of the day. Is it a fully functional commercial version?

When I installed it most of my disk drives disappeared in the application and in explorer. Rebooting fixed it but that was very very scary.

How do I make a backup run instantly when I want too? All I can find is scheduling. It defaults to a date/time shortly before present time, but nothing seems to happen when I finish the definition through the wizard.

There really needs to be a way to see a list of backup scenarios that have been built and the ability to execute immediately. There needs to be a direct action mode for things.

The documentation is extensive, but uses too much rather arcane wording for the proverbial Joe sixpack. I have been trying to get my brothers copy running on the phone and read through a lot of the documentation. He would have no idea; but he is a fairly extreme example I think.

2. alternety

alternety Registered Member

Ah. I see an answer to one of my questions; smart backup. I went straight to backup files and disks. Testing some approaches now to make sure I understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.