Backing up to DVDs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by neamer, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neamer

neamer Registered Member

What is the maximum storage capacity of a R-RW DVD these days?:rolleyes:

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

4.7GB 120 minutes

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello neamer,

If you are talking about True Image (as we should be in this forum ;)) then you can use 4.3 GB as the image manual split size and burn each .tib file as a DVD-ROM (UDF) data compilation. Alternatively, you can set the manual split to 1492 MB and burn up to a maximum of three .tib files per disk as a DVD-ROM (ISO) data compilation.

Regards

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I'm just starting with Ti so I am bound to make mistakes like my DVD recorder only uses DVD- and is limited to x2 and 12 hours to record a DVD, I have a Pioneer. I got it at the start? of the format war. I am going to get a faster drive that will handle DVD+R/RW Dual Layer. I am sorry I didn't come here before I got the DVD burner that I now have.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am not sure about TI but a lot of programs don't work well with DVD- disc's. you might want to read some of the posts here in the TI threads and see if there are any issues useing DVD-.

EDIT==I found an answer to my own question since ver. 8 does this I would imagine 9 will also.

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I checked that out too, it is in the begining of the manual (pdf, updated June). 12 hour is along time to burn a disk for with DVD-R. So I am going to get a plexwriter PX-716AL

7. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I have a plextor 716A which never gets used for burning - only for scanning.
    Its not that it is a bad drive its just that there are better burners. Suggest you look at BenQ 1655 and save some money.

8. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I was just on the plextor website, to the right of the pic of the PX-716A drive it says "End Of Life". Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.