backing up the back up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pandora, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandora

Pandora Registered Member

I am currently trialling TI vers 9. Have sucessfully created a secure zone on my C Drive . However, for inceased security and to save disk space i wish to peiodically save the whole disk image within the SZ to recordble media such as CD or DVD.

However, Windows does not recognise the SZ. How does one copy this to DVD? I tried the plugin option and that showed the whole system as Drive E. Not sure if this was the original source system or an uncompressed virtual drive of the image within the SZ??

Anyway, could I tap into your collective wisdom and experience on what may be a workable solution?

Cheers

Pandora

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Just my 2 cents but, Oy! If you want to use a secure zone, put it on another drive, not the system drive. If your C drive crashes, you lose everything. Having the same drive for source and backup is like putting your money in a second bank account in the same bank to protect against losing your money in case of bank failure. Even better, if you get a second drive, put your backups there and skip the secure zone unless you have special need for the zone.

sh

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Pandora,

I'm afraid you can't (that's why it's called a Secure zone ;)). You will need to create a new image outside the SZ, choosing the manual split option to split the image into DVD sized chunks (4.3GB for UDF compilations or 1492MB and burn up to 3 .tib files/DVD for ISO 9660 compilations).

Regards

4. Pandora

Pandora Registered Member

Thanks to you and sheiba for your advice. Looks as if I am in the market for a second drive:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.