Backing up problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by osmansezgin, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osmansezgin

osmansezgin Registered Member

Hello guys. I just tried acronic true image trial version and got error message said file in use and coulnd't backed up. I know what it means but i tried nero back up program and it worked very well. Another question about making connection to another computer to get its disk image. Problem is here do i have to key in user name as "administrator" and its password? I mean can i use any user name and password? If yes, it didn't work. If you guys have any solutions, Please let me know. My company is waiting answer from me to get anything of those products. thanks for your answers.

2. noonie

noonie Registered Member

You should use the builtin administrator account and password, which is the one you will find when going into safe mode. Sometimes this is not set with a password, but should be.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello osmansezgin,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility?

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Have you tried to create a disk\partition image or a file-based backup?

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.0 does not allow you to backup remote machines. It has a capability of creating an images of the local hard drives only.

In case you are interested in the so-called "remote backup feature", I advice you to take a look at Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation and Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows features.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use these products in the respective User's Guides.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial versions of these products in order to see how they work on your computers.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.