Backing up Admin settings

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 1006, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1006

1006 Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Im new to Acronis and i would like to know if its possible to create an image or a backup of my administrative settings such as active directory, dhcp. dns etc. Or if possible just an image of the operating system with all the settings excluding the data.

Thanks Guys!

2. 1006

1006 Registered Member

any help guys?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 1006,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions is capable of backing up applications settings separately. The current versions of Acronis True Image do not allow one to backup Windows settings excluding the data files either. The ability to backup applications is going to be implemented in the future Acronis True Image versions, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet. At the moment, Acronis True Image allows one to create two types of backups: disk\partition images and file-based backups. In order to be able to restore your system to a working\bootable state we recommend creating disk\partition image of the entire hard drive. You can also backup your system partition separately if there are no dependencies between this partition and other partitions, i.e. there are no applications installed on another partitions or system files located on another partitions. Otherwise, operating system may not function properly after the restore. We therefore recommend keeping Windows along with all it's system\configuration files and applications installed on a system partition. In this case you will be able to backup system partition only decreasing the size of the resulting backup archive in such a way.

If you are not interested in the ability to perform the backup process remotely, we recommend that you use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home or Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows to backup your computer (depending on the operating system you use).

If you are interested in the ability to perform the backup process remotely then we recommend using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows for your purposes (depending on the operating system you use).

Please take a look at the version comparison page for more details.

In case you plan to restore\transfer your operating system to a computer having hardware configuration different from that of the original machine, we recommend using the above mentioned products in conjunction with Acronis Universal Restore (not available for Home version).

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use the above mentioned products in the corresponding User's Guides.

You may also find the respective FAQ pages helpful.

We also recommend that you take a look at this article providing the illustrated description of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home installation and usage.

It is also recommended that you download and install the free trial version(s) of the product(s) you are interested in to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

If you are satisfied with the work of the free trial version then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. We also provide special pricing for our official reseller, OEM and another partners. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. 1006

1006 Registered Member

Hey!

Thanks for your reply!

I purchased Acronis True Image Server 8.0 and i created an image of C: That means i have made an image of the entire Operating system which includes Active directory DHCP Etc?

I hope i did it right :)

Thanks

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 1006,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that the image of the system partition includes the operating system, registry, drivers, software applications and data files, as well as system areas hidden from the user.

Please note that we recommend that you stop the ntfrs and netlogon services prior to the backup of Active Directory server. Please have a look at this previous post for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.