Backdoor.Trojan

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by swifty89, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swifty89

swifty89 Registered Member

My Norton Anti-Virus (2003) keeps giving me a virus alert about a file called C:/Windows/System32/msoj.dll every two seconds. It says it is a Backdoor.Trojan. I followed everything that symnatec told me to do but it is still there. I have Windows XP home edition and any information would be appreciated to get rid of this. I've tried Ad-Aware, Norton 2003, Bazooka, Trojan Hunter, and a squared. Nothing seems to work.

2. sameproblem

sameproblem Guest

Same problem differrent user. Can anybody help?

3. Cardinal 9

Cardinal 9 Registered Member

4. bulldawg

bulldawg Registered Member

i have a freind that has the same problem as the rest but ti is located here C:\Program Files\WebRebates. Can u help him get rid of it? he has deleted the file several times but ti keeps coming back. He is running xp.

5. alanm333

alanm333 Registered Member

Hi

try taking a look at my thread of the same title which I posted recently - the .dll file was of different name to yours, but problem is the same. Expert advice from the forum seems to have cured my problem - so go through the same steps.
    Good luck
    alanm333

6. The_Count

The_Count Registered Member

A few days back my norton detected the same Backdoor.Trojan but it infected the svchost.exe file in Windows....at first it said unable to repair or delete file..after a norton update...it detected the file and deleted it. Everything was fine no more viruses...untill today i switched to Avast and found the win32:trojan-gen in many other folders...should this be of any concern to me. I've run Avast again now it says no viruses found.

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

Hi The_Count, and welcome to Wilders.

Where did Avast say the infected file was located?

You can also try an on-line scan as a double-check: Free Services Be sure and disable your anti-virus before you do the on-line scans so it doesn't interfere.

Regards,

snap

8. The_Count

The_Count Registered Member

Avast didnt find the Backdoor.Trojan virus infecting the svchost.exe file (c:\windows\svchost.exe) Norton did. Avast found the win32:trojan-gen infecting in other files but like i said norton did a update and solved the problem without any hassel. Now Avast deleted the trojan-gen viruses too my pc is alright now. But the thing was both my home and office pc were infected by the same virus. Backdoor.trojan.

9. yeah me too..
    i got this backdoor.trojan & i can get it out of my pc.
    i already try many way to kick it from my pc but it's still inside..
    i already kick & delete that virus, but not long it come back again..
    oh what must i do now..
    i use norton antivirus.
    norton only can detect & stop the action but can't kick it from my pc forever..
    so every time it show a box "found virus name : backdoor.trojan"
    this is really bad virus..

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This is a trojan, not a virus.

Removal instructions are here:

http://www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/trojan.html

I would then suggest looking at securing you PC, something like what can be found here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43117

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.