Backdoor.Small.AO

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Gen_Custer, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gen_Custer

Gen_Custer Registered Member

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum, this is my first thread, and I want to start by saying how much I've learned by going thru previous threads. It's a massive amount of knowledge!

I've recently been forced to update my knowledge on security threats and counter-measures. I'm trying to clean a computer that has been "infected" by spyware, but I do have some concerns about the computer also being infected with other types of "malware". In short, I've decided to clean it thoroughly.

In order to clean it, I've identified different threats and searched for tools/procedures to find these threats. In order to find trojans I'm using TDS-3 (and KAV 4.5). To find rootkits I'm using "Haxorcitos Console Tool v0.3" among others. (It's freely available for download at:

I have removed the link for review as it may be against the TOS Pilli

Kaspersky 4.5.0.95 identifies Haxorcitos as a trojan of type "Backdoor.Small.AO". TDS-3 gives me no indication that anything is wrong. Please help me understand this.

P.S. Just to clarify, I'm under no illusion that ANY software can find everything but I want/need to understand the strength and weakness of the tools I use.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2004
  2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, if the file is not too large can you please submit it to submit@diamondcs.com.au for advice (zipped if possible) or send them the download site with the same question or mentioning this thread.

It might be KAV had blocked access to it so TDS could not report it.
    Best you close any other scanner and their resident protection completelyu when you scan with any other scanner or TDS to give that actual scanner full access to every file.
    TDS itself never needs to be closed as it is not blocking files from scanning by others, but only don't have it actively scanning at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.