Backdoor.NetDevice

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by pin, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pin

pin Registered Member

how bout this one? another AVG scan result. i can't seem to find it on symantec or google.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Is this your system or your friends? Is TDS still available on that system? If so, what does it say? What file or files was this found in? Sometimes information regarding the infected file can be significant in determining more about the virus. (Was it in an incoming email or already resident on the system? What is its size?)

You can also try using an online scanner to double check scan results. The Panda Scanner is not bad. It has noted a few "suspicious" files that are false positives, but, otherwise it's very good.

Follow this link to various available free scanning tools:

http://www.wilders.org/free_services.htm

3. pin

pin Registered Member

unfortunately they are on my friend's computer and he's since killed the file using AVG. he said he found more trojans when he scanned with the cleaner.

in total he detected 5 trojans. i remarked that 5 was a lot. he said no, not really.

hehe.

i'll pass on the link to him, thanks. i was a bit more curious myself as to what this trojan did, it wasn't too urgent.

i remember getting a trojan packed in with a file he gave me from this same guy. =) oh well.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You must be careful with detections, it is always a good idea to verify the detection is not a false alarm by scanning with other programs or submitting to support - anyone is welcome to submit suspicious or detected files to submit@diamondcs.com.au for analysis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.