BackDoor-AOQ

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by cy4lock, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cy4lock

cy4lock Registered Member

Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art. Dallas
    I have the pleasure of trying to get rid of the trojan below:

o_O :eek: o_O :p :oops: :doubt: :'(

G:\System Volume Information\_restore{B300D572-7446-48C1-9EC9-6ABBC083781A}\RP30\A0000996.exe

McAfee V7 alerted me to this virus/trogan, found it when I got home from work today. There is no listing for it at McAfee that I could find or any cleaning tools that would assist me in access this directory on my boot drive...G:

I'm running XPPro SP1. McAfee says I'm infected with a virus called BackDoor-AOQ.

Any of the resident experts have any possible solutions to accessing this directory and getting rid of this apparent trojan file? I've checked my ports with port explorer and found nothing running.

I believe I picked up the virus/trojan this morning at a french web site called piregwan.com

I downloaded one of there pages so I could convert it to english. Looking back in my history file I found this as the last linked location:

http://www.piregwan.com/tutorials/eclair.php

I sure would appreciate any assistance this forum can muster.

cy4

2. xor

xor Guest

WinXP:
    Turn of system restore function - after this turn it on again :)
    That's all mate

3. cy4lock

cy4lock Registered Member

Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art. Dallas
    That was easy! So Turning system restore OFF deletes all the restore points and directories. Right? I still can't gain access to the directory. However I did what you suggested and then rebooted to safe mode command prompt and ran scan clean and no trojans or virus were found.

Thanks man your the greatest!

cy4

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

That is correct. Turning of System Restore and then rebooting deletes the entire _RESTORE folder.
    Don't forget to turn it on again ;)

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.