Back to Nod32 Version1

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by hayc59, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

the beta will not and cannot work on my windows 98se setup so its back to basics!!
    1-i need some help though i would like to have someone post the optimal settings that were posted sometime ago.
    2- i got rid of the amon icon in the taskbar
    is it still working ok?
    3- does anyone know why Nod32 changes the setting
    in your outlook account settings(ie-incoming mail-pop3 to 10500 under advanced settings)?
    4-does anyone know why under the same area under servers it changes incoming mail to localhost?

thaks for the help.. :D

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi hayc,

Hopefully some NOD32 users will be by regarding questions #1 and 2, which I can't answer for you. But, as to the email related ones...
    Yes, these are normal settings. This is how NOD32 scans your email. NOD32 acts as a scanning proxy between your email client and the pop mail server. Your client (outlook) points to a port controlled by NOD32 (10500) on your PC (localhost) to get the email. But, it is NOD32 that actually is going out to your ISP pop server on port 110 to get the email. (Many AVs use this type of method to handle POP3 email scanning. NOD32 made these settings automatically for you.)

Take a look through this thread for more information on email configs. It's quite long, and there was some confusion in it, but I think everything you could want to know about the POP3 scanner is in there:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=4474

Hope this helps,
    LowWaterMark

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Our screen shots might be of help - make sure to enable "scan all files".

In case you've got rid of it on purpose: yes it is.

regards.

paul

4. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

thanks for the great help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.