B/U to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by selkov, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selkov

selkov Registered Member

Just installed true Image v9 bld 2302.
    It will not burn to my DVD if a DVD disc is installed.
    It wil burn to my DVD if a cd is installed.
    I am running windows 2000 pro with Nero 6.6.0.18 (udf packet)

Any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello selkov,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

You can find more information on how to write your images to DVD at this FAQ article.

Please also note that the ability to write images to DVD directly will be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular software, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

In case you have the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software installed and all of your DVDs are properly formatted according to the above mentioned FAQ article, but you still can not write your images to DVD, please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly you received them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

DVD disks need to be formatted with the Nero InCD utility. Only DVD-RW disks can be used with InCD formatting.

CD-RW or CD-R disks should NOT be formatted but used right out of the box.

I hope that helps.

4. selkov

selkov Registered Member

John,
    You may have found the issue. All the DVD I have are +R.
    Funny though that the article mentioned in the above post makes no mention of (-R / +R). Anyway I will go buy some -R's at lunch & update this thread later.

Thanks for the help....

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

I think John meant that only ReWriteable DVDs can be used.

6. Bimbo

Bimbo Guest

Ask yourself what type of media UDF packet writers are compliant with and you will be showing a spark of intelligence... then you'll grasp the answer...

7. selkov

selkov Registered Member

Just re read this thread.
    Does True Image only support DVD-RW?
    Acording to the Acronis web site it says it supports DVD. No specifics.
    Has anyone tried to do backup images to a DVD unit other than me?
    Any success on non (W) DVD's?

8. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Apart from the actual problem of writing to DVDs, (some are successful, most are not), and with many systems having such large hard drives, you will need quite a few DVDs to store the backup. The easier way, for me anyway, is to use a large hard drive (greater than 100 gb) in a usb enclosure.

9. selkov

selkov Registered Member

What I intend to do is to have a raid perform a hardware b\u of the entire drive. Then I wll use the DVD bu of the boot paetition in case of software issues.

10. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

You will get the best results with DVD+RW and you will need to follow the instructions in the FAQ mentioned in Alexey's post 2 in this thread. DVD-R seems to give more problems than any other format, so I wouldn't be running out to buy any of them.

Take care with this approach. If you backup only the boot partition, your MBR will not be included. To have the MBR included, you will need to backup the entire disk.:cool:

11. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.