B&R Suite 10 recovery cd does not recognize partitions

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by guy_e, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy_e

guy_e Registered Member

When I boot from the B&R Suite 10 recovery cd, and choose for the advanced backup management, I can see all the partitions of the C-drive, but only the first has a letter (C) = system partition of Windows 7 and 199MB big and active; the other 3 partitions (the actual Windows 7 partition NTFS, a recovery partition 19 GB NTFS and a HP-tools partition FAT32) don't have a drive letter and they are all marked 'local disk invalid' and red colored.
    When I want to backup the whole C-disk, I can only select the MBR and the first active partition of 199MB. What am I doing wrong ?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It appears Paragon has noticed something wrong with the geometry of the other partitions.

Could be overruns.

If windows Disk Management doesn't notice - then it is likely that is what it is.

You should be able to shrink each of the invalid partitions - slightly - with windows Disk Management. Then extend each partition again. That should write the new ( correct ) partition structure.

Hope it helps.

3. guy_e

guy_e Registered Member

Thanks SIW2,

Your good advice did the job very well. Thanks a lot.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You're welcome - I am glad it helped.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.