B&R for both Windows and Linux 64bits?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by karad, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

I went from HDM2009 to B&R free 10.0 and found it superlative for Windows7 64bits, absolutely fast and reliable.
    Now I'd like to add Ubuntu to this pc and I saw there's indeed support for all ext based HDs, but does this mean that with B&R 10.0 one can in one go take and deploy an image of the entire disk with two different OSs like win7 and Ubuntu,both 64bits?
    Or is that impossible and do they need to be worked out separately ,each one in its own partition?

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Yes, you can backup the entire disk, including the ext formatted ubuntu/linux partition and restore them to a new disk.

They should be different partitions anyway, one should be NTFS and the other EXT, as long as they are both backed up, along with the MBR you shouldn't have any issues booting into either after restoring to a new disk.

3. karad

karad Registered Member

Thanks a lot for replying Paragon Matt, this simplifies my life.
    I've used all the Paragon softwares (for backup&restore) in last 4 years,but I never encountered anything better (that includes competitors as well) than Backup&Recover 10.
    I am very gratefull you made it available as a free program.

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Thank you for the kind comments karad, we are always glad to be of service :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.