B&R doesn't restore!!

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by deeb, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeb

deeb Registered Member

I'm trying this out for the first time today. I made a backup of a drive to an external drive. I then tested the archive and all is ok.

BUT, when I go to restore a single file as a test I get:

Error source: Paragon File Backup
    Error code: 0x200004

I read that I should try by booting from the recovery CD, but this should work in my regular XP environment! What's this error caused by?

2. mikeg

mikeg Registered Member

A little disturbing to see questions like this completely ignored in the forum for two months. deeb, did you ever get any help; figure this out on your own; or just give up on using Paragon backup?

p.s. Edited to correct a spelling error.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  3. deeb

deeb Registered Member

Yep, 100% ignored.

After I gave up, I installed Acronis True Image, which worked perfectly the first time.

4. mikeg

mikeg Registered Member

Oh great. I just came over here to Paragon because of issues that were ignored/unresolved with Acronis TI. LOL! Well, I'm glad at least TI is working for you.

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

Sorry your post was missed deeb.

It doesn't often happen.

Suppport is usually excellent.

If you have a purchased product, you get a period of support included with guaranteed response.

This site is for those using old or free products.

PSG staff are here very often - they can't guarantee to answer every post of course.

I don't think you get that level of support anywhere else. I don't think you get any support for free products anywhere else.

6. sunny757

sunny757 Registered Member

Drive Backup 10 Server Does Not Restore either!

Paragon Drive Backup 10 build 9105 Server

I get the same error when trying, as a test, from within Windows 7 Pro, to restore an individual file.

Operation Failed
    An unexpected situation occurred.
    Error source: Paragon File Backup
    Error code: 0x200004

And the bootable CD does not have an option to restore an individual file. (It says it is a complex archive, have to use the Restore Wizard, which restores nothing smaller than an entire partition.)

btw, the Archive passes an integrity check. And its files can be browsed. There is no rt-click option to mount the archive.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  7. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Re: Drive Backup 10 Server Does Not Restore either!

First of, please check for updates. Build 9105 is old.
    As far as I know, there was such issue with files restore from Complex backup.
    It should be fixed in version 10.0.11.11844 (latest Server edition) or in Backup & Recovery 10 Home (replacement for Drive Backup 10 Pro)

As an alternative, you can mount archive (only in 32-bit Windows):
    1. Go to Archives tab.
    2. Right-click the required archive and select ‘Mount the Selected Archive’ option
    Note: you may need to switch to 'Show partitions' view, because Mount operation is available for partition backups only
    3. Assign Drive Letter and click Yes
    4. The Archive will appear in Windows Explorer

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  8. sunny757

sunny757 Registered Member

Yes, Restore of an individual file from a Complex Archive works in the later version.

And, as a Partition, it can be mounted. Nice.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.