B & R 12 Free boot CD problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by trader5900, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trader5900

trader5900 Registered Member

I have a new AMD64 based ASRock 939SLI32 MB running XP SP3.

I have created 4 recovery CD's, two on that machine and two on a Win7 machine. All of them seem to start the boot process okay, and seem to be starting "Normal Mode," but then I get a flash of text, a blank screen, another flash of text that looks like a log file including some code, and then that leads after about 5 minutes to flashing repeating text about there being a problem and that it might be fixed by increasing the video frame buffer size in the bios. My bios does not offer that as an option.

Long story short, if this is a Linux issue, how does one use WinPE or BartPE or some other workaround? Will those boot options allow use of Paragon B & R to restore a boot partition from backup files created with Paragon B & R?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Search this forum for "PARAGONPE", an app developed by member SIW2. With it, you can build a WinPE boot medium with a Paragon free program. I don´t know if it is still available and operational.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  3. trader5900

Thanks, but no sign of it that I could find.

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

5. trader5900

Thanks. Does it matter whether I have Windows 7 or not? The machine I need this for is Windows XP.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You can create the bootable media from within w7 or w8.

You can then use it on an XP machine.

You cannot create the bootable media from within XP.

Might have a look at doing that if I get the time.

7. trader5900

I have now upgraded to B&R 12 Home with the BMB.

Now I need to figure out how to build a WinPE recovery disk or thumb drive.

The standard recovery CD for this is the same as the free edition and presents the same issues as before (except could run the SafeMode in boot).

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

BMB requires downloading and istalling huge WAIK files from MS.

Bit pushed for time atm. When I get the chance, will have a go at making something easier for the users.

There seems to be new version called Rmb - haven't really looked at it yet. Seems to be for making flash drives only.

The original BMB is probably easier to work with.

9. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Boot Media Builder (BMB) is more flexible, but not easier to work with. The new Recovery Media Builder works with WinRE, doesn´t need any download. But currently it can´t be used with free programs, and it doesn´t create ISO files, only bootable USB keys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.