AYGHOST - anybody use this software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Durad, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Just purchased AYGHOST and run into several problems.

Hard drive have 3 partitions: NTFS-NTFS-FAT32
    Its is using SATA interface.

First partition is Vista installation. From AYGHOST I can see all 3 partitions when selecting SOURCE drive but when I have to select DESTINATION I have CDROM as only option.

Why FAT32 partition is not in destination list?

I sent email to support but I could see many people here familiar with imaging operations so I wanted to share this problem with you guys before I get response from support.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Are you trying to clone or image your drive?

3. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Image partition.

I did not write correctly.
    When I select source drive on the next step it list all my partitions and ask me to select the one that I want to image.

The problem is that it does not let me to save that partition image to different partition on the same drive.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

:thumbd: :thumbd:
    I never used this (wilbertni is the chap who know it well), but I would think it should be able to image one partition onto another partition as long as the target partition is FAT-formatted and has enough free space. However, potential problem areas could very well be your SATA-interface and/or Vista!

That said, even if you figure out how to do it, it's really a bad idea! Your target should be another physical drive, and preferably an external drive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.