AX64/Realcopy - Image Backup - General Discussion

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by wajamus, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

REAL Image Free
    REAL Image Plus
    REAL Image PRO

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Exactly!

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hmm

Every one is suggesting names. Is anyone else going to test it?

Pete

4. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Pete,

I am not sure, does it co-exist with AX64?

Best regards,

Mohamed

5. wajamus

wajamus Registered Member

That's a fair call (regarding keeping the name AX64) - unfortunately AX64 is barely known outside of the Wilder's Community. We couldn't thank Wilder's enough, but we have to reach a broader audience. A name that is user friendly is important. Most folks that hear the name AX64 think it is some fighter plane or Asus Motherboard. When they hear Time Machine they think Apple.

Isso and I both knew that the AX64 name itself had no meaning and was really just a tentative name.

Regarding functionality, I couldn't agree more. But I do enjoy connecting with users and allowing them to put a piece of themselves into the history of the app. I like to keep rapport with you guys and a discussion on names is a good way to go about it. In addition to rock solid performance of the app, a good name will also be conducive to proliferating the app.

Moreover, this thread is of a more casual tone, where less technical users can discuss the app with less pressure. But that doesn't mean functionality talks are off limits.

Pete, Aladdin, it does not work con-currently with AX64. The Realcopy that is out at the moment will be supplanted by the integrated product. That said, it is fairly feature rich and quite stable from the feedback received so far. Most users are reporting their user case to us via e-mail.

The consensus seems to be that the UI is slick and simple, but not intuitive. This is the main criticism. The features are mostly stable, with the exception of rescue media creation, which is a problem AX64 has as well.

Thanks,

Waj

6. wajamus

For AX64:

http://vimeo.com/65012982

For Realcopy:

See feature list here.

See manual here for how to use.

7. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

In the end,will we have a free software or not?:D

8. Max29

Max29 Registered Member

I have gone to the download page and tried to download Realcopy nothing will start, what am I doing wrong.

9. wajamus

It appears to work fine, here's the link http://realcopy.com/download/

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi Waj, OK thanks for clarifying that the new name can't include "AX64" or "Time machine" for the logical reasons you mentioned. That eliminates some of our ideas. So if my original suggestion isn't acceptable, how about "Image Restore " and "Image Restore PRO". ;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  11. Max29

Max29 Registered Member

I even delete Windows Essential anti virus, still will not download. So no way for me to evaluate it. Thanks

12. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I like these two...and if, as often happens, people want to shorten them then you would get, respectively...RealCopy TM & RealCopy IP...which I think sort of have a snap to them. :D

13. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello Waj,

I am using both AX64 and RealCopy at the moment. Everything seems to be working fine with the two running concurrently. Is there some conflict or potential issues that I should be worrying about? Do I need to uninstall one or the other to avoid conflict or potential issues? All seems to be working fine together but now I am concerned about ending up in a situation where I may not be able to do a restore from either program... If there is some serious conflict with the two where they should not be ran concurrently, then you should post this information to both sites so the user would be informed before he had both installed and running on his system...

14. puff-m-d

Hello,

I would like to see the option to be able to do an entire disk back-up. Currently (unless I am missing something), if you want to do an entire disk you must back up each partition individually. This means the added inconvenience of if you want to do an entire disk restore the you must do it one partition at a time with reboots until the entire disk is restored. I like to use AX64 to monitor my Windows partition and the would like the convenience to to have RealCopy back-up the entire disk in a single file and then do a weekly incremental. A lot simpler and easier than having to keep all partitions back-upped separately... This would be ideal once the two products are integrated...

15. puff-m-d

Hello,

Unless I have missed this being posted previously, RealCopy has the same issues as AX64 in creating recovery media in Windows 8.1. ISO and CD/DVD creation does not work, however you can still create bootable USB's. I do not have any of the Windows 8 certified USB's so I cannot comment on the issue of the new USB's that register with the system as a fixed drive instead of a removable drive. I prefer to always make ISO's and boot all of them from a single USB using YUMI. I am sure you probably know of this issue and am only posting it as I did not see this issue posted concerning RealCopy (only AX64). Thanks...

I also agree with the comments concerning the GUI. I like the simplicity but for me all of that disappears with the "vertical" issue mentioned above. It makes the GUI more complicated and harder to follow thus making it more difficult to understand. If you wish to stay with this design, change the "vertical" aspects to "horizontal" aspects. This will make the layout more logical and thus simpler to follow and easier to understand...

16. jelson

jelson Registered Member

So, to increase userfriendliness of name, try being simply descritpive

Thus, for AX64, how about RealCopy Snapshot

Then the full program with all bells & whistles: RealCopy Suite

17. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I like these (with some modification),,,,,but first a comment on the perceived problem with using Time Machine in regards to an new name for what is currently AX64. Time Machine says what the app is clearly and concisely. Its more than an imaging app which mostly works going back to an earlier system state. This app not only lets you easily and quickly go back and forth in time in terms of your system state but also give you instantaneous access to files regardless if they were existent in an earlier snap or a later one. Thus it really is a time machine in terms of the PC. I think it would be a shame to drop this descriptive term simply because Apple has used it but I do see the possible problem,,,,thus my following minor modifications

RealCopy Time Machine

and

RealCopy Image Pro

I would suggest making the bold coloured letters larger than the italicized letters as well but do not see how to do this in this post.

This way RealCopy TM and RealCopy IP are contained in the name so the abbreviation will stick in peoples minds and there will be an understanding of what these abbreviations mean,,,,, as well as clearly reflecting what the apps are/do. The working use of the names would be the abbreviated version (the terms folks use when talking about the apps) but the full name would appear in (possibly) logos, and at the top of the user interface and the top of developer webpages etc.

18. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

These work too, snapshot carries the implication of being able to jump from state to state but its not as precise as time machine. Still, pretty good.

19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Greets Wajamus,

Thanks for starting this thread!

I have to faithfully follow suit in agreement that the new AX64 name marketing scheme with the word Time Machine. Dunno, seems to fit in scope and acceptability since it's introduction, so personally most of us are already accepted of it. Realise though you guys (and us) need it to reach......

Seeing as 64bit computing is becoming convention it's kind of easy to see how it fit in the current title along with Time Machine.

As for RealCopy, it should soon become apparent as the name dropping suggestions pool fills a little more.

My recommendation: Don't get too eager to stickertize a new name to it too soon. You want it to market well on it's own merits with the original name followed by a solid descrip.

Remember, while these 2 type programs are uniquely sophisticated in function, (differing in degree) how they perform so unoffensively and most reliably for the user will attract them quickly to it & drive it's sales positively IMHO

We'll be here to help.

EASTER

(gotta go find that 360/610 hisense smart hdtv) :cool:

20. wajamus

Thanks Easter and others for the suggestions. We do quite like the names:

Realcopy Image Pro
    Realcopy Time Machine

As they're different product lines, the fact that their names are distinctly different is a positive.

Realcopy Standard/Pro may confuse users as to their difference.

21. Selukwe

Selukwe Registered Member

And now tell us Wajamus when is the newest beta of "Realcopy Time Machine-to be" going to be released. We are keen in submitting it to our merciless testing...:)

22. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It is released.

23. Selukwe

Link?

24. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

25. Selukwe

No. This starts to be somewhat confusing. I understood that with the time machine suffix we are talking of AX64 line or about a new combined product (realcopy know-how added to the original AX64 idea and skeleton). When can such a release be expected? RealCopy image doesn't interest me that much; for standalone imaging I've been using Acronis TI for years and so far am fully content with it. But AX64 snapshot/imaging hybrid concept appealed to me very much (being also an EAZ-FIX / Rollback Rx clone long time user) and this is what I am really interested to see developed and enhanced. Any news on this ground?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.