aww geez. build 796 interface bug...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by herojig, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herojig

herojig Registered Member

i guess whenever ya get a new build ya have to test the entire product eh? well, i had to do a restore today and went to restore image on the main interface. clicked on it and ATI did it's checking of the drives thing and then....nothing. nothing at all. Build 786 or 768 or whatever the last one as worked ok. luckily i still have a recovery CD that sees my hard drive where the images are kept (pre 786) and i got it done that way. but come on u developers at ATI! i know you want me to send u those logs but i am just plain tired of doing that. do you read them? what good do they do? not to belabor the point, but I am a fanatic about keeping my XP SP2 laptop up to date with EVERYTHING. so please test it on new stuff. I don't have these types of problems with less-than critical softwares like adobe, and they come out with a build once every blue moon. okay, enough. good luck. i mean it.
    jigs

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello herojig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please try to uninstall Acronis True Image and install the latest build from scratch.

Could you describe what you mean by "and then....nothing"? Do you see the main Acronis True Image screen? Do you see the wizard screen? Is the situation the same if you choose another wizard, for example "Create Image"?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. herojig

herojig Registered Member

All the wizards work but the one i needed yesterday: restore image. The program hangs when the button is clicked. i guess i can try and reinstall, but what a hassle. do i need my purchase info or will that be saved? i am sure u have that info but i do not. well, thanks for your help!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello herojig,

Please try to use Acronis Bootable CD created with the latest build. When you restore the image you will have to reboot and continue the procedure in Acronis True Image standalone mode so there is no difference whether you set up the task under Windows or from Acronis Bootable CD.

Could you please tell whether only Acronis True Image or the whole system hangs? In other words, are you able to terminate Acronis True Image via Windows Task Manager or the only thing you are able to do is cold reboot?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. dumbau

dumbau Registered Member

I had a similar problem. The first time I tried to restore an image ATI went through the motions of preparing the image and then just stopped. The log showed the preparation but then just ended. I finally got it to work by booting from CD. Unfortunately, I no longer have the log because I restore over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.