Avira

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Apr 16, 2013.

1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

re-testing with 14.0.4.642 now i will re make the files and send the new ones asap. i wanted to test this new version before sending the old files from the previous version. testing right now.

2. anon

anon Registered Member

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  3. Cmhelper

Cmhelper Registered Member

The available installer file is the Avira Online Essentials Client which downloads the Avira Free software automatically afterwards.
    You can use the normal installer from the URL posted in comment https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/avira.345492/page-72#post-2370908

4. anon

anon Registered Member

https://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1289983#post1289983

5. marv04

marv04 Registered Member

6. darts

darts Registered Member

In the antivirus suite 2014 my windows firewall doesn't start automatic i have too do it myself , can someone help me with this please?

7. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

That does look better. Not sure I have a use for my 6 seat license for Avira since I purchased a 10-Device Multi-Pack for 2 years from Eset.

8. anon

anon Registered Member

The refreshed GUI is the last thing to be mentioned, there are other great news (single paid product, no more crapware toolbars) in Update 5, IMHO.......

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  9. zfactor

well with the newest version boot up times from the system being shut down fully are actually pretty good now. i do see a lag after a reboot though. now my main issue is the time it takes to connect to a network after starting up or reboot and that avira is using about 40% of the cpu after a start up doing something im not sure what yet and thrashes the hard drive a good bit and makes things REALLY slow to do anything. but with 14.0.4.642 at least from a fully shut down system state boot up is pretty quick and rebooting is somewhat slower (20-40seconds more) but i need a FAST network connection and with eset or webroot its basically instant upon start up. avira is taking somewhere in the area of around 2-3 minutes for the wireless to connect fully.

10. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! Tried the newest update...but as zfactor mentioned it still remains an issue...still on my system 20sec or more from startup...that's why I'm sticking with ESET...instantaneous. The point being, as mentioned in one of my previous posts...when I used the older version of Avira Internet Security with Avira's Firewall...I never encountered this problem. Hopefully a Solution can be found. Sincerely...Securon

11. zfactor

i have to say securon its MUCH better than before for me. i used to have a 3+ minute delay. now its only maybe 40 seconds extra over not having a av installed. this is still a lot. but on the right track. its really the network connection issue that bothers me now.

12. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

13. Securon

Good Afternoon! zfactor... I think there's a disconnect between Microsoft and Avira...I as you know Switch Apps on a fairly consistent basis...and haven't encountered this problem with other competitors apps...now this is on my set-up...certainly can't speak for other other people's experience. I'm also troubled as to why Avira couldn't provide a proper transition with their existing firewall...without being so compliant with Microsoft! In the future I'll stick with their Anti-Virus Premium...notice I refuse to call it a suite...to me a suite has a Proper Firewall...anyhow at the moment I'm Super Happy with my existing set-up. Sincerely...Securon

14. darts

darts Registered Member

When does the update 4 wi'll be avalible for the Dutch version?

15. Pat MacKnife

Its always one of the latest updates for dutch, if you would use english version its allready on 14.0.4.642

(PS: I speak dutch too, but i am from belgium) ;)

16. darts

darts Registered Member

Hahah great too hear that someone speaks Dutch :) so it is better too install the english version of Avira or is there a other way too get the update 4 in Dutch?

17. Pat MacKnife

I see no other way to update dutch, they are rolling out the update by mid of may for most other users.

18. anon

anon Registered Member

After current planning you will all receive the newest update step by step until the end of this month.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/avira.345492/page-72#post-2370953

----------------------
    Update 5: Current beta version online = 14.0.5.370

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  19. Pat MacKnife

I'am allready on the latest build with the english version 14.0.4.642 , but darts (dutch) have to wait till end of this month.....

20. zfactor

one thing im a bit upset about is i specifically told it not to install the safesearch toolbar during installation and it installed it anyway. so i removed it. now what do i loose by doing so or is it just the link scanner thing that i dont want anyway??

21. Cmhelper

Do you mean the Avira Browser Safety plugin? There is no safe search implemented in the current version but it will come back soon. ABS includes the tracking blocker, link scanner (Avira URL cloud) and offers (optionally).

22. Pat MacKnife

I think he mean the ask toolbar with/for webprotection.

23. zfactor

yup talking about the newer toolbar. wanted to make sure they had not changed how it works.

24. Securon

Good Morning! When I install Avira Internet Security Suite...and in Custom Install Mode...I still get the Ask Toolbar...Marketing Rubbish Pop-Up! I thought Avira had rid itself of this Reverse Marketing Promotion. This is not only a Pain In The Butt...But further discontent on my part...that Avira Simply is ignoring the Wishes of their Customer Base...in my case a Paying Customer. Anybody else facing this Problem...and Part Two... it's past Mid Month and still no Version 4 Upgrade Roll Out Offer...again where is Avira's Priorities in taking care of it's Loyal Customer Base? Sincerely...Securon

25. Cmhelper

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.