Avira

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

true we can, but noone has to go through the hassle of doing so. There are many good AVs out there that work out of the box as we want them to be, a simple....AV.....not a full suite of junkware! I hope AVIRA gets 0 sales from today for doing this!

2. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

After fixing their bad reputation where they used to bundle spyware into their Antivirus (Ask Toolbar), many users including me switched back to Avira. I even bought a 4 year license of Avira Antivirus PRO as it was very light on the system and had superb detection rates.

Just like most security companies these days, they couldn’t just leave it the way it was and had to spoil it by adding a lot of unecessary bloatware! Now when you install Avira Antivirus, rather than just having an Antivirus only, you will also get Dropbox Integration, a Driver updater, a System Optimizer, registry cleaner, and worst of all, a product launcher where now you can’t simply double click on the Avira icon in the taskbar in the taskbar, you have to first click the icon, then a launcher will pop up, where you can then launch the actual Antivirus product to display the main GUI.

With that being said, I contacted their customer service and got a full refund for my 4 year subscription. Another great product bites the dust.

If you want a registry cleaner (which you shouldn’t really be messing with the registry unless you know what are all those registry entries you are deleting really for), there are many good and more reliable tools that you can rely on such as CCleaner’s built in registry cleaner which is known not to be very aggressive and wouldn’t destroy your system if you clean your registry with it.

Driver updates? Whoever said that newer driver are better is WRONG! The best drivers are the ones provided to you by your computer’s manufactuer as they have been tested for stability and optimal performance. The only exception is the VGA driver which you can upgrade and that will give you better performance. Otherwise, leave the drivers alone!

Dropbox Integration? No really, is this a social media app / cloud backup or an Antivirus? They have gone too far with this now and is complete bloatware! What if I don’t use Dropbox for security concerns? Why would I have to see the bloody Dropbox icon in the main GUI? I don’t want it! I just want an Antivirus!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  3. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Let's start another thread with this interesting topic. BTW: Last weekend I tried slimdriver update software. It found 19 outdated drivers although the manufacturers had no newer driver software. That's really interesting, however I did all updates and guess what: Flash player was finally dead (unknown error) and VLC media player didn't play music any more. Wow, I guess slimdriver was downloadaing beta/alpha drivers from dubious sources.

As Mortal said: Leave the drivers alone! Never touch a running driver!

4. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

go ahead, open a thread in the software sub forum and let's discuss this. I have a lot to share, stuff like you said, and more serious things even like WIFI not working anymore, etc.

Avira wants to destroy users' systems by cleaning their registry and updating their drivers! Great! so much for an Antivirus heh! LOL

5. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

6. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Great what do i untick.:) Also i keep seeing this now :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

okay a question if i can use avira pro on 3 devices i assume hat includes a android tablet. so i install it and there is no where to install the lic? or am i missing that? the only option i see is to "upgrade" which brings me to the play store to buy the pro version. so how do i register one of the 3 devices of a pro lic on a android tablet? hopefully someone from avira can chime in here. maybe im just tired but i dont see anywhere to add or install a lic key.

8. anon

anon Registered Member

http://i.imgur.com/zO5z9Mj.png

9. aaa839

aaa839 Registered Member

You didn't perform an update
    Next time you could click on the fix problem to view what is the reason of alerts

10. zfactor

thats what i tried but for some reason it just installs the free version and the code did not work. i will try that again and see if i can get it working i was hoping because that did not work there was another way to do it.

11. LocoSec

LocoSec Registered Member

Hi! We're on it and already in touch with our APL about these both file requests. As soon as we've got feedback we're back.

Regards,

Arthur

12. LocoSec

I need to take a closer look about this case. So please send me your email address which is registered with your Avira account via PM.

Arthur

13. aaa839

aaa839 Registered Member

remember login your all android/ios devices with the same account which you have been activated the Avira android security pro(You should check your OE/My Account)
    When you have been buying an Avira android security pro,you have to import your license Code in your Avira OE/My Account through the OE/Avira My Account Web interface

After you import which should like this
    http://i.imgbox.com/0kaADKbi.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  14. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

I don't remember exactly. Haven't used Avira in months, but I know it was working. Try different Avira-related startup entries.

15. zfactor

ahh forgot about the oe. ahh nevermind i want nothing to do with oe. i figured it out but i do not want to manage all my devices in one place like this. no thanks. ill use something else.

16. LocoSec

This is not about OE... It's the Avira My Account backend where you can - if the Android Pro is in your package included - activate it and use on your Android device. If you want I can take a closer look about that but need your registered email address.

Yours,

Arthur

17. anon

anon Registered Member

Four days (FP reported to Avira Labs since Friday) and counting...........
    Arthur, are you satisfied with Avira response?

How much time Avira needs to correct a FP? Hours? Days? Weeks?

----------------

btw,
    Reply to this mail sent on Oct 9, 2014,
    Avira Support: Radio Silence.....
    resent again on Oct 17, 2014,
    Avira Support: Radio Silence.......

Today is Nov 3, 2014 and I'm still waiting the "email with further instructions" from Avira Support.
    Once again: Arthur, are you satisfied with Avira response?

18. aaa839

aaa839 Registered Member

Avira Support department no ones work in SAT and SUN

19. Cmhelper

Cmhelper Registered Member

Hello,
    I got feedback from our APL: The detection as ADWARE/InstallCore is correct, this installer is used by WinZip.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  20. LocoSec

I've just send an email to responding department to see what's going on there. Please excuse the inconvenience. I'll be back as soon as possible.

Arthur

21. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

22. anon

anon Registered Member

Avira Pro 14.0.7.432
    http://www.avira.com/en/download-start-new/product/avira-antivirus-pro
    Run the installer (do not uninstall the working version) on top of the working version and your configuration settings will remain the same.
    During the installation process, select the "Repair/Upgrade" option.
    http://i5.minus.com/ib1rSBpE9Adfv8.png

23. nikkho

nikkho Registered Member

24. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Now that is very important fix. :)

25. anon

anon Registered Member

Complete changelog [from stable version 14.0.7.306 (Update 7) to stable version 14.0.7.342 (Update 7.1)]:
    The above mentioned, plus the changes from beta build: 14.0.7.334 =

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.