Avira Software Has Gone To The Dark Side

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hayc59, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

A serious question trjam. I notice registryBooster 2011 in your sig. Have you used it and what was the outcome? Did you have to re-image or fix anything after using it or was everything just fine? If you haven't used it please do and let us know how it went, oh, and please give it a go on something critically important to you like your primary computer. A test of faith if you will.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I did e-mail one of the reps from the web site from day one with a link to this
    thread and have not heard a word??

3. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Thank you Ronjor...lets not get this thread closed because of 'egos'

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

And say: What did they do? I thought you had opted out replying to my posts, remember... agreeing to disagree. Suddenly I'm a fanboy because I'm not joining the chorus of the accusers.

5. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

But I feel that the number of people rushing to rubbish Avira and to recommend a "perfect" alternative (usually just the one!) is much larger ;)

It does make me wonder at the enthusiasm displayed.

6. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I never said I opted out of replying to your post. I just quit the particular road we were going down because it was becoming repetitive.

7. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Maybe that is because some of us are disgusted at the direction Avira is going in all of a sudden. I commend them when they deserve it and I slam them when they deserve it. This is one of those times they deserve to be slammed.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

touche, that is a good one BG.:thumb:

9. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

That sucks. Avira was my backup if Avast! started going south (which it's been going up since I started using it). I will not recommend it on my site I give to family and friends anymore. The Ask toolbar is acceptable, but not this registry cleaner by Uniblue.

10. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I'm pretty certain that in due time things will be clarified, and I can also understand people asking questions. My feeling is that Avira has already been found guilty by a multitude of members largely because of what has been alleged in this thread and other articles. Something is definitely happening with Avira, even Stephan Kurzhals (an Avira virus expert) mentioned in a post that he didn't like the present development (at the time the context seemed different).

I'm personally not condoning anything, and once it is officially established a morally unacceptable behaviour, I'll be the first to switch.

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

trjam I see RegistryBooster has dissapeared from your sig, what happened?

12. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Yeah I think that is the issue most of us are having. If it was just Ask it may could be overlooked but not the registry cleaner.

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The quote from the thread seems to be a good time for everyone to take a break on this topic.
    If and when Avira cares to respond to this specific thread, they can notify us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.