Avira Problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mike6080919395, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike6080919395

Mike6080919395 Registered Member

I am using Avira Premium 10.0.597 build on windows 7 64-bit home premium.

The issue I am having is that my online protection seems to disable automatically after 6-8 seconds on "Start Avira". The guard remains active, but the online protection disables itself.

I searched on the web for an answer, following the instructions I disabled windows defender automatic realtime. Still my avira doesn't have online protection enabled fully.

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Reinstall. I have it on 2 64 bit and one is windows 7 with no issues. Also any other security on there.

3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hey trjam. I see you are running Avira 10 on Win7 64 bit. Do you have the ProActive module on your Avira? I'm running Avira IS 10 on my Win7 64 bit, and I don't have the ProActive module.

EDIT............Did some searching and found this........

Avira Antivir 10: No behaviour-based detection in 64-bit Windows

Avira Logo Avira's AntiVir 10 may offer behaviour-based ProActiv detection, but the feature is only available with 32-bit Windows systems. While this isn't a tragedy in itself, the vendor had failed to point out clearly enough that ProActiv doesn't work with 64-bit systems. Although the FAQ and downloadable manual contained the appropriate information, the product pages did not mention the restriction.

Avira say that, at present, 64-bit systems can't be supported for technical reasons. Avira's Elisabeth Rothbart said in a statement made available to The H's associates at heise Security "The module right now uses so-called kernel hooks to monitor the system. Those kernel hooks are not available on 64-bit systems. Work on a technical solution for Windows Vista and Windows 7 64-bit systems is in progress".

The vendor has so far not given an availability date and for now has added "Only available for Windows 32-bit systems Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7" to the product's literature and web page.

Not happy about that. Might have to abandon Avira IS. They should have dealt with this when they were first started working on version 10.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. icr

icr Registered Member

Well I have never seen the proActive module work on 32 bit systems also;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.