Avira Premium Security Suite is gold

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by QBgreen, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Thanks anyway, but I have a fear of trojans, and that is where Kas has the edge. Both are the top 2, along with this suite and NIS 2007. I am now starting to really investigate and learn about Frisk. Something tells me they are getting ready to make some big improvements.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Well imo for the average user Antivir is the better choice as it has a wider range of protection with the spyware/adware detection. Used in combination with comodo or similar its simple but good security setup.

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

After installing the release version of the suite, it is running using about 45 Mb of ram on my laptop. I think I saw all the processes under Advanced tak Manager program. This seems very good to me.

Gary

4. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

does anybody have a problem with the umbrella icon not showing up in the taskbar, I know the software is running but I would feel more comfortable if the umbrella was there.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I agree.

Edit: I misunderstood.
    So u mean Antivir gives more protection against spyware/ adware?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  6. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I received my free license today also. Very nice of AntiVir to do that for the beta testers. I installed it and so far I'm very happy with it. I always liked the suite, but had problems with MailGuard. Looks like that problem has been fixed. Thank you AntiVir for the license. :)

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Graystoke, glad to see everything worked out for you.

8. huntnyc

No problem with umbrella icon here. But, I have posted an interface problem that has remained in the Avira forums. I suggest that we bring those problems there. They seem quite responsive and willing to listen. the suite is a wonderful piece of software that truly has captured my attention.

Gary

9. huntnyc

Just to let you know, I had to check both boxes under Firewall settings to get completely stealth under ShieldUp. I don't know if there is any other type of configuration that is needed here. How is your Firewall part running and what tweaks have you made if any? Thanks.

Gary

10. huntnyc

Scan time on Complete system Scan just 30:19 on my laptop with 2 100GB 5,400 SATA drives and 1 100GB 5400 drive in external USB 2.0 enclosure. Truly very fast.

Gary

11. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Yeah, me too. :) Everything is running smoothly. MailGuard is working like it's supposed to. I've set the firewall security level to high, and the ShieldsUp test shows everything stealth. My computer loads very quickly at initial startup. Completed first scan last night in 42 minutes, with no false positives. But then, I've never come across any false positives with AntiVir. All is well in my little world again. ;) :D

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

wow thats fast!

ive only got 57gb one drive to scan but if i use my antivir suite license and installed it i could scan my 100gb external as well to be sure.

13. huntnyc

Did full system scan today with heuristics set to high and no FP's at all. So far am really liking how this suite is performing.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.