Avira Premium Security Suite is gold

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by QBgreen, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muf

muf Registered Member

I have to agree with this. I've never used it, nor will I with this attitude from the developer. A Beta tester is a beta tester. If someone reports 10 minor bugs but someone else reports 1 major bug does that mean the person with reporting 10 gets a 1 year licence and the other person 6 months? And what criteria do you qualify? 50 posts or more gets you 1 year, but any less gets you only 6 months, and less than 5 and it doesn't count.

Rather tacky.

muf

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Thank you for the screenshots Phoinix. :cool:

3. Phoinix

Phoinix Registered Member

No Problem.... ;)

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by saying, "If you didn't also forget your mail address and password", but if it is some sort of slam, I don't appreciate it. I do know my e-mail address and the password I used. I just happened to forget to back up my license key. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever forget to back up something.

Thanks for the information anyway.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

let it go graystoke, go get Nod and we will continue on.:)

6. FRug

FRug Registered Member

Graystoke: Huh, no.... I was tryin to help... You can (or at least could in the past) re-request your key via their online shop by entering your mail and acccount password.

7. Graystoke

Sorry FRug, I guess I read something into it I shouldn't have. I just went through formatting my hard drive, and trying to get everything back to where it was, so I guess my brain is a little weary. Sorry for jumbing to the wrong conclussion. Thanks again for the info about the license key. I'll give it a try.

8. FRug

FRug Registered Member

9. Graystoke

FRug...Yep, gave it a try last night. I got my license. :) I havn't installed anything yet. Trying to decided on AntiVir Premium + a firewall, or AntiVir Suite. Decisions, Decisions. :)

10. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Antivir premium + comodo or similar is a far better choice than the suite imo. The suite is great but the pricing is bad from my point of view.

11. Graystoke

I'm leaning in the AntiVir + firewall direction also. I liked the suite, but I had troubles with MailGuard in the suite that I didn't have in AntiVir Premium. With the suite, I had to disable MailGuard in order to receive and send e-mail. I guess I could install it and find out if that has been fixed. :)

12. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah use a free firewall and save yourself 20 euros :)

13. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Just received a one year license for the new Suite as a reward for being a beta tester. Nice present!

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

same here!
    it is a nice gift!
    of course now ive got license's for nod32 and antivir now i will install one then switch and see what i prefer.

15. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

that doesnt seem right to me, I only got a 6 month license, maybe i didnt post enough there or i didnt test long enough.

16. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

I didn't get ANY lisence.

17. Big Apple

You said it.....but still nice, a 6 month license for nothing!

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

what you got should really be between you and them out of respect. I have reinstalled the suite and it really is basic, not bloated, but really gives you the protection you want. Rootkit detection will be soon along with a hosts of other features over the next 12 months. This is a suite in its infancy, and we shouldnt forget that. It is already AHEAD of others who have had years to become ineffective and fat.

19. Big Apple

I have read some less respectful posts of you at the Avira Beta forum regarding this Suite, so......

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Oh I totally agree. There were quite a few of us that were very vocal. You have to admit, at least I do, it was one of the most enjoyable betas I have ever done just from the fact of people speaking their true mind. So yes, you are right. I got a year one, ok. Either way, some good folks that work their, and some good folks that tested.:)

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

im gonna try nod32 and antivir suite on my main pc since i got license for both.

I prefer the reporting on antivir.
    the interface is so simple and tabs across the top is good.
    I like the umbrella icon.

for nod32 im really waiting for 3.0 no rush.

theres nothing wrong with nod32 2.5 thou.

its hard to choose which one to use for now IMO.
    i was gonna use nod32 because i have a license for it but now i have a license for both and like both.

22. Big Apple

I'll stick with No32 for the time being, as I had a lot of trouble with the Mailguard of Avira in both the Personal Premium and the Beta Suite and never saw any solution for that. But I'll try Avira again shortly!
    I also think that Avira showed a great lot of FP's with the heuristics on 'high', but it's nice to be able to adjust that.

23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I know lodore, Christmas comes early sometimes.:rolleyes: Avira is a good company. You and I though have hearts in different places after that. I still for the life of me cant get use to liking Nod. I dont think I ever will. I on the other hand still am drawn to Kaspersky.

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You are right about those false positives. I found the medium setting activated works well. It really does a good job, at least it finds stuff. Nod never did, sometimes I thought it was asleep.:p

25. Big Apple

Nod has really progressed and finds a great deal now.......you really should try again, you'll be surprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.