Avira Issue

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Eight well I'm Confrizzlicated about this :blink: I just installed Avira Premium Security on a friends PC and after instalation,and rebooting and stuff, when I click on Update in the main GUI absolutely nothing happens :blink: It wont even pop up the update window :blink: I think its a dead shortcut in the GUI. So I tried updating by the scheduler, waited 15 mins which is the minimum time you can set in the updater, and it didnt execute :blink: Next thing after I did a full system scan, it still tells me the full system scan has not yet been completed :blink: this is also a dead shortcut in the Main GUI too :blink: theres some Oddliness going on somewhere :blink: o_O

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Did you do the full system scan from the GUI where it says "scan system now"? There is a known bug that if you do the full scan any other way, the GUI will continue to complain that you have never done a full scan.

The update problem...I'm very tired ...it's 4AM and I have to get some sleep...there are lots of posts at the Avira forum about this update problem. I'm too tired now to go and find the ones that might help you. You might want to go over to their forum and browse around. I have been blessed with only having one update problem (and that was a corrupted updater and I wasn't notifed by a popup so I didn't get updates for 5 days until I finally happened to notice on the GUI). I have not had the update problem you describe but I have read about it at the Avira forums.

Signing off for some some much needed sleep. ;)

3. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi,

Try to launch manually preupd.exe from Antivir directory.
    If this does not work for your friend,try to post in Antivir forum

MaB

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Mele20...what a dedicated creature she is...hope she got some good rest. ;)

Now to the topic at hand. I am holding back on doing this free premium thing until I see how this pans out. :doubt: I have never had an issue on my free like this??

EDIT: Decided this issue would likely not happen to me so decided to go ahead with trial. Installed and updated successfully so far everything is good. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  5. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

did you post in the avira Forum?
    if not yould you please check if the following folder exists:
    C:\programdata\Avira\Avira Premium Security suite
    or is it located in C:\Windows\Avira\Avira Premium Security suite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.