Avira internet security 2012 sweepstakes

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rules_broken, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Got mine too..........whats better is that it canbe activated at anytime during next 12 months....

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Well not in my book.;) Supposedly your youtube guy has ties to Comodo although I've never followed up on that. I for one don't give youtube testers much credence anyway regardless of whose product there testing.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  3. njespo

njespo Registered Member

got mine.....thanks avira !!

4. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

apparently avira is doing beta-test for another patch for IS........i think wise to wait for it.........

5. ocsi

ocsi Registered Member

Got mine too! Thank you Avira.

6. abels

abels Registered Member

Got it, but I prefer Avira Free + Comodo Firewall.

7. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

You can custom install the Avira Suite so you only get the modules you want. That way, even if you don't install the firewall module, you'll still get the antiphishing and antidrive-by features of the commercial versions. Plus, you won't have to deal with the Ask thing at all.

8. abels

abels Registered Member

Oh, I forgot that Avira IS can be added/removed its features via custom install. Thank you.
    btw, I have removed Avira's Firewall and Mail Protection. Now, It's working as Avira Premium.

9. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I thought everyone was supposed to get one of these? I got one for myself and I had my wife sign up for one. I got mine but she didn't get one. I was hoping to get 2 for each laptop. :( Oh well. ANyone have any similar issues?

10. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

I didn't get either

11. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Same here,mine is arrived,my wife's not.Maybe they checked if the requests were from the same IP?

12. kjdemuth

Hmm maybe. I should have done it from my computer at work. :)

13. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I just got mine today, so maybe Avira is delayed getting all the unique license codes generated and sent out for so many new users. Also, check you spam folder as there are several reports of the email ending up there.

14. kjdemuth

yeah Mine was in my spam folder. I've been checking my wife's email address almost every day.

15. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Damn...stupid :ouch: ...checked 30 sec ago and my wife's key was in Bulk mail,arrived yesterday.:D

16. rules_broken

rules_broken Registered Member

got mine license key too for the next 18 months.

17. hal9000

hal9000 Registered Member

Got mine, too, for 18 months. wonder if its better than Avast, which has 6 months remaining.

18. gery

gery Registered Member

if anyone is not using it i please hand it out .
    thanx gery

19. njespo

njespo Registered Member

as i posted earlier, i got my key but i suppose i should ask...is Avira IS any good? i tried avira free and was generally happy with it but i don't want anything that will bog down my system....thoughts anyone?

20. COMPYPY

COMPYPY Registered Member

I too use both on my different computers and both have there equal pros and cons.
    If you have 6 months remaining of avast you should use avast first and then go with avira as you can activate this 18 month license before 12 months.
    On my point of view avast internet security have more features than avira and is much lighter and browsing speed is bit faster than avira however avira have upper hand on detection.

If you really want avira you can go with it as it will bot bloat your system however there are many alternative to avira like avast eset and norton.
    Back 4-5 years avira was the only light av but now the condition is change

21. King Grub

I have always found it to be very light, almost non-noticable, on all my computers over the year, all versions of Avira, including the latest version 12. In my experience (based on admittedly amateurish tests), it also has quite a bit better detection rate than comparable stand-alone antivirus programs.

Another thing I appreciate is the fact that it leaves virtually nothing behind if and when you want to uninstall it. All it leaves behind are three non-interfering registry keys (which can easily be deleted by the Avira registry cleaner from their download page).

22. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Reviews I've seen say that the firewall is annoyingly chatty and the warnings difficult for the average person to understand.

23. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

I'm still waiting for my key.. probably lost in transition :D

24. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I was surprised to get a free license from the Avira Facebook challenge. It seems like a decent product. So does it have any cloud features to it? The new interface is a very good start, but not quite as good as the Norton antivirus GUI.

The firewall is not very chatty in my opinion and it is set on high. I usually get one or two pop-ups from each application. The firewall checks for programs in their database and if the program is unknown it will force a pop-up. If you want chatty you should have tried the old Comodo Personal Firewall from several years ago. It was like 20 pop-ups and more for a program. I was fast with the mouse button back then. :D

25. King Grub

No, cloud functionality will not be implemented until the next major version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.