Avira install

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Last night I install Avira on one of my puters. I did a custom install and told it not to install the web protection or scanning module. After it finished my umbrella would not open until I opened the GUI and enabled HTTP scanning. Is there a way to install the AV and not have HTTP scanning.

2. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

That seems to be a bug. I have it installed here the same way (no background modules installed) but the umbrella icon is open.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Stefan, install the Suite onto a 32 bit system and ask it not to install web module. It works correctly.

Now install it on a 64 bit system and ask it not to install on a 64 bit system the web module. It still installs. I just did it on 3 computers.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I had the same problem 10 days ago: I reinstalled Avira Premium without the web and mail guard, but the umbrella wouldn't open. I posted on the Avira forum where somebody tried to help me with some interesting suggestions, alas to no avail. The solution was to restore a month old image where I had Avira already without the above mentioned modules. My system is Vista Ultimate 64 bit, maybe there is a pattern here.

5. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Same here, but it was easily fixed by running setup.exe in the Avira folder, selecting Modify and uninstalling the module I didn't want (Mailguard in my case). Gone.

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

My problem wouldn't go away with both a new install or using the "modify" feature. I've been installing and uninstalling modules ever since version 10 came out, and never had any problems. Only lately as I mentioned the umbrella wouldn't open unless all modules were installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.