Avira discontinuing support

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fred128, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

A similar situation occurred with McAfee VirusScan on a windows98 PC. Their signature updates no longer worked on an earlier version of the programs. Their new development is now only targeted on Windows XP versions. So I was forced to stop using the program or update the OS. Since OS update was a non-feasible option economically on the old machine, I guess I will use whatever can run with Windows 98.

2. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

I still say, if you're an avid 9x enthusiast using a Gateway, Dell or IBM PC, phone a supervisor of one of these PC manufacturers to get the right AV and antispyware software and most recent drivers. Like it or not, 9x shall be around for a VERY, VERY LONG TIME, making these OSs thorns in the flesh to many; there are a number of antibloatware advocate groups who have seen to this by beating Bill Gates in federal court several years running. He supplies critical 9x patches on CD to these groups via US Postal Service at his own expense.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.