Avira Antivir Premium Recommended Settings

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by The Hammer, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

First I should point out that this particular setting is default with Avira. It is my understanding that it is useless to scan archives with the guard if it is checking files in real time. I can only assume that the extensions zip and rar are included just in case you set the guard to scan archives.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

What do you think should be the primary action of the Web guard? Deny access or Isolate?

3. The Hammer

Also does an Optimized scan interfere with running other tasks?

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

IMO, deny access is the safest approach, 'Isolate' isn't synonym of 'quarantine'? In automatic, one can set the web guard to 'quarantine'/Deny access. I personally prefer any guard in interactive mode.

I have no idea, all I know is that optimize scan is recommended for multicore CPUs.

5. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Same here.

I'm running the Premium version alone and I haven't used anything else since I started using it a couple years back :thumb:

6. The Hammer

I did a couple of scans, one using Smart Extensions and another using the File Extension list. The one using Smart Extensions was slightly faster, not slower than the File Extension list scan. The opposite of what the help files indicate. However I've left all Heuristics at Medium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.