Avira Antivir Premium 44081 connection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Peace1, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peace1

Peace1 Registered Member

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Strange. Likely webguard might be watching it just like it does 44080 for http 80. Might be for the alternate http ports (80-83).

3. vojta

vojta Registered Member

I also have Avira's webguard listening for connections on ports 44080 and 44081.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

This is the answer provided on Avira's forum. I hope it is allowed to be posted here. "It's normal. Avira Web Protection adds a LSP to Winsock in order to intercept the HTTP connections, so Avira Web Protection listens on these ports on local loopback.

Every page which is downloaded by the computer (browser or any other service), is first compared against a local blacklist and if it proves to be malicious (hosts malware or phishing) gets blocked. If the page passes this level, it is saved in a temporary folder and scanned by the scanning engine for malicious content. Web Protection scans incoming internet data to see if it is malware infected. Content that has been scanned and found clean is forwarded to the browser. Content that is infected can be blocked or moved to the secure quarantine".

5. Peace1

Peace1 Registered Member

According to Avira this is not an issue, its normal.

Avira Antivir Premium users: is this normal? do you have a 44081 connection?

6. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I have seen it, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.